In this episode, I breakdown how the BC Assessment appraiser calculates the value and what to look for in your report.
- The property assessment value is based on the home value on July 1 the previous year.
- The property assessment value does not typically include any improvements you have made in your home.
- Do not focus too closely on where the value of your home goes throughout ownership. The times the home value is essential are when you plan to sell or access equity from your home.
- Join the House Rich Homeowner Facebook community here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/richhomeowner/
- Visit the BC Assessment website here: https://info.bcassessment.ca/Services-products/Understanding-the-assessment-process
- Listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Listen and subscribe on Spotify